Meet the growing demand for skilled workers in the areas of early childhood. Learn hands-on skills to gain an introductory knowledge around the education and care of infants, toddlers and young children.
This is a FREE programme.
A travel subsidy is available for Youth Guarantee students.
Student loans and allowances are available for 18 year olds and above who meet the StudyLink criteria.
Find out if you are eligible by calling StudyLink on Freephone 0800 88 99 00 or visit www.studylink.govt.nz.
Do you thrive working with young people?
With this 26-week vocational pathway programme, get hands-on skills to work with young children in education. You will gain an introductory knowledge of early childhood education and care. Learn effective communication skills and the ability to connect with communities. You will develop knowledge of digital technology as well as gaining literacy and numeracy skills.
Gain a qualification in 26 weeks:
- NCEA Level 2 (Vocational Pathway – Social and Community Services)
Learn more about the NCEA Vocational Pathways.
- You must be committed to study and prepared to work hard
- You need to relate well to people, be honest and dependable and able to work within the early child and health sectors.
- You will be interviewed and you will need to give us permission to complete the police vet.
- You may also be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
- Your enrolment is conditional on confirmation from the Police Vet that there are no matters of risk.
- You may also be assessed on your English language speaking and listening skills, if English is your second language.
- Students will be selected in order of application.
Upon completion of this programme, you can progress to the National Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 3), or various other Health options. Please contact our Student Services team to discuss the best options for you.
This programme prepares you to work in the early childhood education, health, disability, or aged care sectors.